Decorating a balcony may turn into a complicated task. Sometimes we forget about decorating this space because of its limited size, however it’s quite simple getting a beautiful decoration for our balcony with just a bit of imagination. Don’t you think so?
If you want to decorate a balcony, here you’ll find five useful tips and ideas. It’s a small space, but you’ll see how great it can look if you personalize it! Are you in?
Tips to decorate your balcony
1. If you like flowers try to choose some that don’t take up a lot of space. How to do so? Well, a good idea is creating a “vertical garden” by hanging our plants. If your balcony has a ceiling, you could even hang the flowerpot to it. You can also use some window boxes and place them in the outside of the rail. Try not to over fill the balcony with colorful flowers; for avoiding this, you can mix flower plants with climbers in order to create the perfect contrast!
2. All extremes are bad. We shouldn’t go from nothing to everything. If we over decorate our balcony it won’t be cozy and that’s not what we want. Simple can be really good, specially to make your balcony look more spacious.
3. Folding or stackable furniture. If you’d like to put some chairs and maybe a table in your balcony, make sure that you can easily fold or stack it to keep them in a corner. In this way, you’ll be able to make the most of your balcony. With folding and stackable furniture, you can always choose to use them or not, and they don’t take up too much space.
4. Always functional. The space should always be practical to get in and out of the balcony. If you want to have a place to get out and breathe fresh air, don’t over fill it with stuff. Like we’ve mentioned before, it’s usually better to put things we can remove easily if necessary.
5. Light colors. You should look for light and pale colors to decorate your balcony. You can create a contrast with light colors in the walls and darker ones on the floor, or you can even opt for light colors for both of them! As we’ve already noted in other posts, pale colors make our spaces look more spacious. Moreover, if we choose to decorate our balcony with colorful flowers, the contrast with the pale colors of the walls will be much better!
We hope you found these tips useful, you can choose some of these ideas and mix them with your own tastes, adding and removing anything you want. I’m sure you’ll love the result! If you have more ideas you can share them with us in our Facebook Page or in the comments.
Via decoración 2.0