Christmas just finished and we’re already thinking about the next date on the calendar: St. Valentine’s Day, a very special day for those who are deeply in love and want to show their feelings to their couple in a very romantic way! A very common choice for this day is giving red roses, a flower whose price increases considerably during those days and not everyone can afford it… That’s why, today, we’d love to share with you this great idea for making roses with red felt. It’s cheaper and creative and handmade, what makes it even more special and personal!
Moreover, you can create this beautiful heart with your handmade roses, a truly romantic gift!
The materials you’ll need:
- Red felt
- Hot glue
- A base for putting the roses together to create a beautiful heart
- Cut out felt circles. We can stack some pieces of felt to cut several circles at the same time. Like this, we’ll save time and efforts.
- Take two circles and superimpose one over the other, as you can see in the following picture.
- Fold it upwards, by holding it tight with your thumb and your index in order to not undoing the figure.
- Fold one side by putting the corner below your thumb. Like that, it will be the thumb that will hold it and will avoid it to undo. Repeat this action with the other side.
- Once this is done, you’ll have your rose made with felt. But, you still have to do something else to finish the process.
- To avoid it to undo when you remove your fingers, use hot glue to stick all the parts.
- Finally, glue the roses to the base you’ve chosen. We’ve suggested a heart, but you can choose the figure you like the most!